Welcome to Colassal Coaster World!
VBS is being held at Fair Haven Church (2100 Baldwin Street, Hudsonville MI 49426), July 15-18, 6:30-8:30
- A separate VBS experience is designed for preschoolers and elementary age kids
- Children with special needs are welcome to attend. Pre-registration is required to accommodate our special friends. (Register online or download a printable registration form.)
- Parent Tracks: A VBS experience just for parents! Parent Track is designed to equip you in your role as a parent or grandparent. Each night we will focus on a different topic that is relevant to your parenting. You are invited to register for one, two, three or all four nights. There is no cost to attend. To register for parent track, check the box for each evening you wish to attend within the VBS registration. Nursery is also available to parents attending. Parent Track is held from 6:45-8:00pm each night in the 100 wing. Click here for a list of topics and speakers
- VBS & Prayer: At Fair Haven, we believe in the power of prayer. We want to be ready and available should kids, parents, or leaders need prayer support! The prayer room will be staffed during VBS for people of all ages to stop in. If you or the kids would rather remain anonymous, there will be an option to 'mail' the prayer request to our team by dropping a note in our prayer mailbox near the prayer room! We'll take every request to our faithful God because He calls us to 'cast our cares on Him, because He cares for us!' - 1 Peter 5:7
- Come volunteer with us! At the core of our VBS experience is a team of amazing volunteers. These volunteers serve as a way to express their love for God and for your kids. We would love to have you be part of the team! You can serve in a variety of ways and we'd be happy to help you find a place that fits your gifts. Some ways to serve include:
-Group leader or helper
-Crafts or games
-Preschool or nursery room
-Special needs helper
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do kids do at VBS?
Vacation Bible School is a ton of fun for kids and their friends! Preschoolers start in the Family Life Center and elementary kids start in the Worship Center. At those locations, they sing songs, dance around, and hear the Bible story for the night. Then, each child is assigned a group and it's off to four rotations with their group leader and other pals. Rotations include crafts, Bible story application, outdoor games, and small group time that includes a snack. Preschoolers end in their group rooms in the Family Life Center and elementary kids end in the Worship Center for wrap-up!
- What is your volunteer policy?
At the core of what we do is our incredible team of committed and enthusiastic volunteers. They express their passion for God by faithfully serving your children. These volunteers commit to teach, care for, and pray for the children they lead. At Fair Haven, we care about the safety and security of your kids. All of our volunteers have been through a screening process which includes a criminal background check and a written application.
- What does VBS Cost?
Vacation Bible School is free! We place a high value on children here at Fair Haven and want to see as many children as possible participate in VBS. We do take donations of our snack items for the week. A list of needs will be available soon.
- How do you place children in groups?
When registering, children may request up to one friend in the same grade or a leader who they would like to be placed with. We will do our best to fulfill that request. Other than that one request, we place children with a mix of boys and girls in their grade and one or two grades younger or older than them. We find that a mix of grades makes VBS more fun and helps the children encourage one another to learn and grow.
- What do I need to know for the first night?
Fair Haven Church is located at 2900 Baldwin Street in Hudsonville. You can enter for VBS using any one of the main entrances (doors A, B, E, or F). Because you're awesome and preregistered your child, you will find their name on a list; preschool age at the Family Life Center entrance and elementary age on the Worship Center windows. The list will include their name and their color group assignment. These areas will be open to drop off your kiddos at 6:20pm. When the doors open, all you need to do is find their color group – their leader will have their nametag and any information you need. You will need to return to pick up your child by 8:30pm in the same place that you dropped them off.
- How do I pick up my child?
When you register, you will choose how you would like to pick up your child. If they are older and you are comfortable with them finding you after VBS is done, you may choose to have a green sticker on their nametag. If you choose this option, their group leader will release them after VBS each night to meet up with you. If you would like your child to wait to be picked up, you may choose to have a red sticker placed on their nametag. If they have a red sticker, you will receive a pick-up card for each of your children when you drop them off at the beginning of the night. You MUST show this card to their group leader when the VBS night concludes for us to release your child to you.
- May my child bring a friend?
Yes! Children are encouraged to bring friends age 3 through grade 6 to VBS. This is a great opportunity to invite friends who may not be part of a church. The only concern with inviting friends and neighbors is they must be registered by their own parent or guardian. We will not allow you to sign the registration form for a child who is not your own. If you plan on inviting friends, be sure to have them fill out our online registration form by July 10 at noon, or bring a printed registration form along with their parent’s signature.
- What is there for preschool-aged children?
Children age three and four get to participate in their own VBS that includes all of the same elements as our elementary program, but age appropriate for a preschooler. They meet in the Family Life Center.
- What should my child bring or wear?
Children should wear comfortable clothes and shoes that allow them to run around and play games. The games time takes place outside, so be sure to dress your child appropriately for the weather and sun.
- What if it rains?
The majority of our Vacation Bible School takes place indoors, except for our games rotation. In the event of rain, the games rotation will take place inside and we will modify the games to work in the Worship Center. Don’t worry, if it rains, we will have even more fun!
- What do you serve for snacks?
We serve a snack on each night of Vacation Bible School. All snacks are peanut-free. If your child has additional allergies, please note this on the registration form and we will make every effort to prepare for your child’s needs.
If you have additional questions feel free to contact the Children's Ministries Team by email or 616.662.2100.
VBS 2012 Video
We had an amazing time at Vacation Bible School 2012!
Check out the video!
Fair Haven VBS 2012 Zapped from Fair Haven Ministries on Vimeo.